Saturday, October 29, 2005

Use fake package users

Categories:

So I need to use user IDs, huh? Wonder how I can catch the output of the script and place it in xml. If that can't be done, I can always use a package-userid xml entity in package.ent.

The first seems to beimpossible as of now and the second is a head ache. I think I will modify the add_user script so that it can be run from host root and make changes to $LFS/etc/passwd and /etc/passwd. Well, The following schema should work.

  • The users on host should all belong to a temp group so that they can be removed easily after the build is done. But still I don't like messing my host system.
  • The id finding algo should check both the files to find the usable ID. This can be ensured by making the range availiable in host passwd filed, but some how I don't like to depend on that !

No comments: